[Scummvm-devel] setMouseCursor() keycolor

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Wed Jan 6 23:20:14 CET 2010

Johannes Schickel <lordhoto at scummvm.org> writes:

> I guess (albeit undocumented, or I missed something...) the backends
> should do clipping to the parameter, that it fits the setup bit
> depth.

Why should they?  It makes no sense.

> At least the reference implementation (in this case of the
> 16bpp merge the SDL implementation) does so...

Yes, that's what I wrote in the previous mail.

> Actually I'm in favor in removing the default parameter and changing
> the documentation, so it is known that the value shouldn't exceed the
> maximum value for the set up bit depth.

Except you could use a value exceeding the maximum value for the
bit depth to mean "no transparency", since there will be no pixels
with that value.  That's how it works now in the DC backend.

> Of course in this case we
> should adept SDL to comply to this too and of course change all
> engines relying on a default value to use 255 :-). Should be at least
> the solution with the least surprises for both backend authors and
> engine authors.

Yes, this seems the most sane to me too.

  // Marcus