[Scummvm-devel] Section 3.7 in our README (Smacker)

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sun Jan 10 12:17:36 CET 2010

Torbjörn Andersson <eriktorbjorn at telia.com> writes:

> The cutscenes for the Broken Sword games have a bit of a history (see
> the next section, if you are interested), but in general all you need
> to do is to copy the .SMK files from the "SMACKS" or "SMACKSHI"
> directories on the CDs to the same directory as the other game data
> files. (Broken Sword 1 has a "SMACKSLO" directory with the same
> cutscenes, but these are of lower quality.) You can put them in a
> subdirectory called "video" if you find that neater.

Hm, maybe I'm missing something here, but doesn't this mean that it is
still not possible to run the game from the original CD?  Why does the
engine require a different filesystem layout from the one on the CD?
Is it because there are two variants (hi/lo) of the movies?  How did
Revolution's engine handle this?

  // Marcus