[Scummvm-devel] SCUMM GM/MT32 Preference

Florian Kagerer f.kagerer at kabelmail.de
Sun Jul 4 14:24:03 CEST 2010

If MDT_PREFER_GM or MDT_PREFER_MT32 is passed to MidiDriver::detectDevice()
it will try to find a MIDI device of the selected type first. If non MIDI
device is found it will fall back to the Adlib device if you have also
passed MDT_ADLIB. If MDT_ADLIB has not been passed it will try for PC
Speaker next and - if this flag has not been set either - return the Auto
device (= Null device).

Since I presume the backends you're talking about won't detect any music
devices with music type MT_GM or MT_MT32 (unless the MT-32 emulator is
built) any combination of MDT_ADLIB | MDT_MIDI and MDT_PREFER_GM or
MDT_PREFER_MT32 should return the Adlib device.

Florian