[Scummvm-devel] Avoiding loading of all plugins during startup

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Jul 5 09:32:56 CEST 2010

Am 02.07.2010 um 07:48 schrieb yotam barnoy:

> OK since there's been no feedback, I think we'll implement it as
> stages of option 1/option 2. It seems to me a lot more feasible.
>
> You ok with that, Max?

Hi Yotam,

sorry for not replying earlier... Anyway, go ahead. I think he who does the actual work gets the final words in these matters anyway ;).

I suggest that we consider using some ideas from option 3 anyway: Creating a simple table which maps currently existing gameids to engineids to help transiting old config files to the new format. This is very easy to do, easy to maintain, and will allow existing config files to reap the full benefit from our conversion. Anyway, this is easily done (and extended) later, too, so it's not a priority -- merely a suggestion!

Bye,