[Scummvm-devel] NDS black screen

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Jul 6 14:45:33 CEST 2010

Hi Marcus,

excellent, thanks! I'll try to summarize what I did, step by step, maybe somebody wants to clean this up and put it on a wiki page...

First off, I noticed that "dlditool" is contained in the devkitarm files I had already installed, excellent.

Next I searched for "Mpcf.dldi"; which I finally found on
<http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=GBA_Movie_Player_%28Compact_Flash%29>.

I already had downloaded desmume from http://desmume.org/ before; on Mac OS X, to invoke it from the command line, one has to dig into the .app bundle, so instead of just "desmume" I had to enter

 /PATH/TO/desmume.app/MacOS/desmume --cflash-path=/PATH/TO/GAMES scummvm-a.nds

Note that I did not use a fat filesystem image, but rathe a path to a directory on my computer, that was easier for me (I have no idea how to make a fat image :).

This shows the scummvm launcher for me, yay. However, so far I have not figured out how to proceed; in particular, the stylus emulation does not seem to work for me (maybe the mac port is too buggy).