[Scummvm-devel] Translate the website?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Jul 13 13:35:19 CEST 2010

Hi there,

now that we localized ScummVM, I wonder whether we should try to localize our website? Only the master website, mind you (not the wiki etc.). Overall, most text on there is pretty much static. The primary exceptions are  a) news items and b) the download page. For a), we could just default showing the english news item until somebody translates it. For b), most text on the download page is free of any use of language, so I am still quite hopeful that it would translate well.

All this, of course, only assuming we find somebody to code this into the website, and also under the condition that we find translators (I am pretty sure this last point is satisfied).

We could post a news item about this, looking for help, but before such a thing is done, I wanted to make sure we have consensus that this is a good idea.

Bye,
Max

P.S.: Please try to refrain from bike shed painting.

P.P.S.: I just modified our SF.net trove categorization to reflect that there are now localized versions of ScummVM. I also added the Android, iPhone etc. ports to that (all that it would let me; there is e.g. no "Nintendo DS" category :/)