[Scummvm-devel] ATTN: New commit log message conventions

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Thu Jul 29 15:59:22 CEST 2010

Marcus Comstedt <marcus at mc.pp.se> writes:

> Maybe someone can craft a commit-msg hook that checks that the format
> is obeyed?  (Which would be entirely optional to use, since commit-msg
> hooks are installed manually on the client side...)

Replying to self, here is such a commit-msg hook, which checks that

1) First line contains a subsystem name
2) First line is 50 characters or less
3) Second line is empty

Anything which is a valid C identifier and contains no underscores is
considered a valid subsystem name; we could possibly tighten this a
bit.

  // Marcus