[Scummvm-devel] Android port

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jun 6 16:04:22 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

as you may have already seen, I committed the Android port by Angus Lees today. He did some great work with it already, and expressed his willingness to continue working on it within the ScummVM project. Hopefully ScummVM 1.2.0 will have an official Android port then :-)

There are some last issues to resolve with the port, but I think most are fairly minor:

* Get rid of backends/platform/android/scummvm-android-themeengine.patch (this modifies the GUI code, we discussed this here before but so far have not arrived at a solution)
* I'd like to replace org.inodes.gus.scummvm by org.scummvm but am not sure whether this would cause compatibility issues with existing ScummVM binaries, so won't make that change blindly
* Some other stuff, see <http://sf.net/support/tracker.php?aid=2603856>

Gus also is willing to work on adding the Android port to the buildbot. Maybe Andre or somebody else can help him with that?