[Scummvm-devel] Decompiler survey: Jump opcodes

Sven Hesse drmccoy at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 13 20:12:28 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-12 14:47:41 +0200, Michael Madsen wrote:
> If the argument to your jump opcodes is anything other than an absolute address, or an address relative to the PC, I would like to hear about that as well.

As a special, non-stack-based case, there's the gob engine, which has
opcodes for if, switch, while-do and repeat-until. They evaluate their
complex expression and "recurse" into the destination address.

Of course, it could be reorganized to only feature direct
jump($address) opcodes by a middle-tier between gobscript and the
decompiler.