[Scummvm-devel] Switching ScummVM repository to Git

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Wed Jun 16 11:05:57 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:18:41PM +0300, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
>   legacy -- Contains all things considered to be redundant, that is
>     docs, engine-data, residual, scummex, vendor. Master is engine-data
>     root

I'm not at all sure about this myself, but does 'vendor' really fit in that
category? There are also three sub-repositories in vendor, so if they are put
in 'legacy', each of the three (fonts, cxxtest, freesci) should maybe get its
own branch.

It would also be possible to graft (any of) these three into the main
repository so that for example the 'Import the SCI engine sources' commit
(r38192) looks like a merge of the freesci glutton branch and the scummvm
master branch. Since SCI is still under heavy development, it is often useful
to be able to search back through the full FreeSCI history.

-Willem Jan

P.S. Some notes on the author list:

> Also please review authors.log.sort, and check that I did not misspell
> somebody's name.

> athrxx Forian Kagerer <athrxx at users.sf.net>

Should this be Florian?

> darkfiber Start George <darkfiber at users.sf.net>

Ant this Stuart?

> salty-horse Ori Avtaion <salty-horse at users.sf.net>

And this Avtalion?

> freesci <freesci at users.sf.net>
> pizza <pizza at users.sf.net>

Looking through the repo, it seems all except one of the commits by 'freesci'
are actually by 'Solomon Peachy <pizza at shaftnet.org>' according to the FreeSCI
ChangeLog updates. (The one exception as far as I can tell is r37385 by 'Bas').

> cerial <cerial at users.sf.net>

This may be 'Ismail Khatib <ikhatib at imail.de>' according to the ChangeLog
entry.

These are both Christoph Reichenbach <creichen at gmail.com>

> matt_hargett Matt Hargett <matt_hargett at users.sf.net>
> matt <matt at users.sf.net>
> matt at use.net <matt at users.sf.net>

These are all Matt Hargett I think.

> rune Rune Orsval <rune at users.sf.net>

That email address isn't right. The one in the freesci changelog for his
commits is u951663 at daimi.au.dk.

> anoncvs_cedet <anoncvs_cedet at users.sf.net>
> nobody <nobody at users.sf.net>

These are also not valid, but I don't know who they are.