[Scummvm-devel] Switching ScummVM repository to Git

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Jun 16 19:54:47 CEST 2010

Am 16.06.2010 um 18:58 schrieb Filippos Karapetis:

> OK considering the client to use...
>
> I'm not happy with git's GUI under Windows. At all. I couldn't get it to work.
>
> Now, I personally found Mercurial (Hg) to be more straightforward than git, so I
> decided to set it up. And I was quite satisfied and happy with the results, as
> it's MUCH faster to work with our current SVN repository than git (at least it was for me).
>
> It is possible to use Mercurial's client both with an svn and a git repository.

You can use the client directly with SVN and Git repositories? Excellent! I thought one needed to first install the hg-git extensions <http://hg-git.github.com/> -- using this, github.com provides a hg<->git bridge, so one can use a git repository there using a mercurial client.

Hence, if we switch to git, you can actually use mercurial clients. While if we were to switch to mercurial, then only mercurial clients could be used.

So, your post nicely suggests that it is indeed best to choose git over mercurial :).

Bye,