[Scummvm-devel] Translation support was added to ScummVM

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Sat Jun 19 14:02:51 CEST 2010

Le 18 juin 2010 à 03:48, Johannes Schickel a écrit :

> On 06/15/2010 07:51 PM, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
>> Put new translations into po/ directory, and it will pick them up by
>> itself.
>>

> That isn't true anymore due to a recent change by me, which removes the
> auto update, since it might cause problems on systems without perl
> installed. Everytime a translation is updated/added one has to do "make
> update-translations" now.

I am a bit confused. I just updated my local working copy and running "make" still does run automatically "perl ./tools/po2c ..." to update common/messages.cpp (which works fine since I have perl). This means new translations are still picked up by the scummvm compilation. This is due I think to the rule on common/messages.cpp

Furthermore if I try to do a "make update-translations" I get an error because I don't have gettext installed and it tries to update the scummvm.pot files first.

Is that what you intended with your recent change? The way you describe it it seems not.

Thierry