[Scummvm-devel] Improving translation support in ScummVM

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Fri Jun 25 01:19:02 CEST 2010

Le 24 juin 2010 à 06:52, Eugene Sandulenko a écrit :

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:25:58 +0100
> Thierry Crozat <criezy at scummvm.org> wrote:
>> [...]
>> Second issue: the layout is too tight and static and sometime we have
>> to jump through hoops to find a translation that fits in the current
>> layout (and this can result in an approximative translation).
> I recommend to let languages override global theme variables. We
> specify majority of widget widths there, and if not, then we need to
> move them. This will give more or less clean solution.

What you mean by that is that in the theme path we could have locale dependant xml files (e.g. scummmodern_fr_FR.stx) that can overwrite all or part of the globals variables of the themes? That seems not too difficult to implement and indeed cleaner that the need to redefine a complete theme for each language.
I am not familiar with the theme code but I will have a look.

(more to follow as I read the rest of the discussion...)

Thierry