[Scummvm-devel] GSoC mentoring / handling student inqueries

Max Horn fingolfin at scummvm.org
Sun Mar 21 20:07:47 CET 2010

Hi folks,

I got a bunch of students emailing me over the past days with questions about GSoC and tasks. Unfortunately, I had not time yesterday and today so far to reply to them (well, I sent a brief "sorry, no time, will get back to you later").

Some of these mails also were CC'ed to other team members, but several went only to me (or at least there were no other recipients listed).

It would be nice if we had a central place to direct all students with questions, so that it wouldn't just rest on individual mentors / tech contacts to have time immediately... ? E.g. we could use -devel for this (basically, asking all students to send inqueries here). Or if this is not liked (it generates noise here, and maybe shy students would be scared away), we could create a list for this. Or ask students to email to <gsoc-mentors at scummvm.org>, or so. BTW, the following people are currently on that private list, and we should update that, too:

drmccoy at scummvm.org
j at 7fc1.org
John.Willis at distant-earth.com
knakos at phys.uoa.gr