[Scummvm-devel] thoughts for 1.1.0

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Wed Mar 31 02:39:03 CEST 2010

Hi there ScummVM Team,

couple of random questions while warming up for 1.1.0:

(since we already know that the meaning of life is 42 I'll skip that)

- does Nippon (midi) sound only work with Fluidsynth / Timidity ?

- is there a way to start Nippon without having to enter the code all
  the time? It's kinda extenuating when testing...

- is there a way to default to Mame OPL (vs. Dosbox)?

- is there a way to disable the "search field" in the Launcher GUI
  (which is not currently used on PS2 and will gain us some space
  for the games list)

- why do we put a "/" at the end of the folders? We already use a
  different color to distinguish from regular files...

- new HE games are pretty slow (especially art time when the freak
  with the green striped t-shirt comes out).

  On a PC under < 1 Ghz, he moves like a zombie and will end up
  scaring the kids rather than entertaining them.

  Ditto for the mouse pointer on the bath tub scene (when trying
  to guess the rhymes). You will develop jedi skills while waiting
  for it to move ;-)

  The games run full speed in wine on the same hw, so I don't think
  it's a horsepower issue.

  On the other hand I understand these engines (like SCI games which
  are next to unplayable on PS2) are pretty new in ScummVM. Please
  let me know if there is any input or support I can provide to
  help with their optimization on low-end devices.

Thanks!
-max