[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.1.1 tagged

Joost Peters joostp at 7fc1.org
Tue May 4 00:33:09 CEST 2010

Max Horn wrote:
> OK thanks. Does the suffix ".tardist" mean something special? It seems in past versions this was simply ".tar.gz" ?

the .tar.gz's were just a plain directory you could extract anywhere and
run.
tardists are proper 'packages' that you install with SGI's Software
Manager and puts the files in the 'proper' location on the filesystem.

It's generally 'nicer' to offer tardists to end-users, though on old
machines with smaller disks I personally prefer .tar.gz, so that you can
choose to 'install' the software in a different location (i.e. an NFS
server)

Cheers,
Joost