[Scummvm-devel] Finding the theme archive via SearchMan

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu May 6 11:52:00 CEST 2010

Am 05.05.2010 um 23:39 schrieb sunmax at libero.it:

> Hey-la Max!
>
>> Anyway, I just made a quick test, and added some code which
>> counts how many archives & file nodes are cached.
>
> Cool.
>
> Could you send me your patch (I know I'm a lazy-ass), so I can
> try the same one on PS2 during the week-end and see if by any
> chance my bro... breathtaking port is over-caching something?

Hi Max,

here it is, quick and dirty, and probably buggy and all. I also didn't try to get a 100% accurate result, just wanted to get a rough upper bound on the "cache size".

> If not, then the cause of PS2 stall with big ScummVM partitions
> full of files, it's likely somewhere else.

Wel, regardless, it'll be interesting to find out where this comes from... In the worst case, you can use the good old printf debug trick, I guess, and measure elapsed time in various spots of ScummVM to narrow down where during the ScummVM start you loose most time.