[Scummvm-devel] how to add 'Help' button to launcher screen and global menu

Frantisek Dufka dufkaf at gmail.com
Fri May 7 10:25:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'd like to have one extra button "Help" on launcher screen (topright or
left corner possibly) and also in Global menu screen. I'd like to show
some basic info about the port and document keybindings. I'm OK with
both buttons showing same text (read from file like $DATADIR/help.txt)
but maybe two different files would be even better (not talking about
per engine one :-). Where should I start? I got lost in the theming, xml
inside zip etc. Is it possible to add it in few lines of c++ code
somewhere? Thanks for any pointer.

Maybe such button would be useful for all ports? Having 'About' is great
but I guess as a newbie I would first need 'Help' and only then I could
fully appreciate our magnificent 'About' scroller ;-)

Frantisek