[Scummvm-devel] Private / internal mailing list

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue May 18 10:19:09 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

it would be good if we had a private mailing list, for internal discussions, where only active team members are on. Example use: To discuss GPL violations and how to react to them, to pre-announce certain new engines and some other potentially sensitive stuff... Stuff the team should about beyond Eugene and me, but that we don't want to send out in the public (yet), as I don't want the blogosphere / twitter to go wild with it the next day, tipping of the GPL violator early. Stuff like that. You know what I mean.

Some time ago I created a "scummvm-private" list at Sf.net for that purpose, but it turned out to be impossible to turn off archiving for SF.net lists. Yet I am not sure who can view that archive. So it seems impossible to make a list there really "private", hence we never used it. I am not against an archive per se, as long as we can control who can actually view it...

So maybe we should install GNU mailman on our VMware instance, I thought... Anybody interested in looking into that? I can setup an email alias @scummvm.org, but I am not sure what else mailman requires.

Bye,