[Scummvm-devel] VideoDecoder Rewrite

Matthew Hoops clone2727 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 16:18:03 CEST 2010

Hi Team,

Eugene has approved my VideoDecoder patch (tracker #2963496) and I
have committed the rest of it to the trunk. All code using or
implementing VideoDecoder has been updated to the new code.

DrMcCoy and I have tested most of the code, but engine authors should
still be wary of possible regressions. Tucker especially needs more
testing, as DrMcCoy was only able to test the intro (I don't have the
game myself). All engines and video decoders, except for SAGA2 games,
have been tested in some way. If you are an engine author who used one
of the VideoDecoders, please check over the changes to make sure
everything is still OK.

The new VideoDecoder API removes the need for the VideoPlayer, adds a
getPixelFormat() function for >8bpp videos, has improved A/V
synchronization, and support for non-integer frame rates. Please see
the documentation in graphics/video/video_decoder.h for more
information.

-Matt