[Scummvm-devel] ENGINES: Pausing the engine while debugger console visible

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Nov 2 13:39:13 CET 2010

Am 01.11.2010 um 23:37 schrieb Simon Sawatzki:

> Hi all,
>
> could this pause mode also be used when pressing the "PAUSE" key (without the console appearing)?

Sure, it could. (BTW, this pause mode is nothing new, it's been in our code for some time.)
But that's a feature request that has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread, i.e. is quite off-topic. If you want this, please file a requested on our feature request tracker :).

> It would be nice if this could be included. The pause mode should be ended when pressing the pause key again. Also, there should be nothing else displayed on the screen. This way, the player could profit from it for example when trying to read subtitles that vanish faster than he can read (e.g. in Drascula).
>
> Would there be an easy way to modify the source so that the game won't be paused when the debug console is active? It might be nice to have for example when wanting to hear the music only of a game during a cutscene or so.

Well, you can always just comment out the call to pauseEngine, if you wanted to.

Bye,