[Scummvm-devel] PS3 port

Pawel Kolodziejski aquadran at xtr.net.pl
Tue Nov 9 15:48:36 CET 2010

On 2010-11-09, at 15:30, Max Horn wrote:

> Am 09.11.2010 um 14:02 schrieb Pawel Kolodziejski:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

>>> From what I know there is no WIP port of ps3 using legal SDK at this point.
>> Due recent changes and ability run homebrew apps on console also doesn't much sense keep update ubuntu linux port for ps3, I was thinking about start porting using psl1ght SDK.
>
> Can you elaborate a bit on that SDK? Homepage, legal status, etc.?

http://psl1ght.com/
License, good question, it seems none, simply open source. I'm not sure if that matter for scummvm.
SDK support file io, gfx framebuffer access/flip set/get video mode,  audio output filled buffer, threads, input from pad, mouse, keyboard, network
Plus that SDK use gcc toolchain http://github.com/ooPo/ps3toolchain

>> At this point this SDK has basic support but enough for full working port.
>> I would like to ask if there are any objections starting code by adding code into repository step by step in small portions so code could be reviewed enough smoothly.
>> Or/and any suggestion before adding any code to repository.
>
> I thought there was already an unofficial port based on that SDK, no? Or are all of them based on the Sony SDK?

From what I know there is only one port based on illegal Sony SDK, dead end way of port I think. (not mention, it point Sony to person who port scummvm).
If you know about using http://psl1ght.com/ so my starts are pointless.

Pawel