[Scummvm-devel] Transifex

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Tue Nov 16 21:32:15 CET 2010

Hi Max,

(copying -devel this time)

Le 16 nov. 2010 à 12:42, Max Horn a écrit :

>> You should then have received an email with an update for the french translation. Can you forward it to me please? I am interested in the modifications that the web site does to the file (e.g. does it keep the original encoding or change it to UTF-8, does it set the modification date and last translator in the header...).
>>

> I did not receive any email from Transifex recently. Well, I did receive a test message I just sent to myself via the transifex website, that worked just fine.
>
>> Also I am not sure what the Send for Review button does. I used it last night but when I clicked on the View all reviews button, the page displayed no open request and no closed requests. I was expecting to see it in the list of open requests. I checked again this morning and it still wasn't there. Did you receive an email yesterday evening concerning that review request?
>
> No emails, and I also don't see any open review requests.
>
> Weird. Maybe there is an extra setting I need to set for the mails to arrive? Hrm, but I just went over all settings I could find and didn't see anything... So Transifex just lost quite some of its appeal to me :/.

I tried again and paid more attention this time. For the "Send for Review" button I actually get an error: "You can upload a file for review only if it's related to an existing language." I am not sure what this means. Maybe this is because fr_FR is not a recognized language currently.

And for the "Submit translation" button I get a different error message: "Only UTF-8 encoding files are supported". This one is clear, but since we cannot use UTF-8 this is quite a problem.

> We could try to contact the folks behind this site, of course, maybe they have an IRC channel or forum and we can ask for help there.

I asked about encoding support on their support web site. We will see...
We can also try to contact them on IRC on the Freenode network (#transiflex channel).

Thierry