[Scummvm-devel] NEResources Class

Matthew Hoops clone2727 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 01:39:10 CET 2010

Hi all,

I added the NEResources class earlier today as part of the Living
Books code (thanks to DrMcCoy for writing the initial class for his
Dark Seed 2 engine). The class is able to load from NE (Windows 3.1
and under) exe's, get resources from them, and decode the monochrome
cursors for you.

I know at least Windows versions of Hugo has a bitmap in its NE exe
that is used and some cursors (however, they appear to be unused). I'm
sure there's other engines out there that could potentially make use
of the code too :)

It might be nice to one day merge some parts of this class (like
reusing the NEResourceID class) with the PE executable code found in
scumm/he/resource_he.* -- I'll take a stab at it myself when I get a
chance. Any volunteers welcome ;)

-Matt