[Scummvm-devel] Idea: IndexedMp3AudioStream

Michael Madsen michael at birdiesoft.dk
Fri Oct 8 12:44:52 CEST 2010

IIRC, ID3 isn't that hard to parse, especially not since we're only interested in a few fields.

I recall writing some simple Delphi code for parsing the basic metadata (title, author, that sort of thing), but it seems I've lost that over the years, so unfortunately, I only have my memory to go by.

> However, the XING header might be a lot easier to parse (which is good:
> small code size, easier debugging :).

...but we also lose the ability to fine-tune how many data points we have. XING provides exactly 100 data points, whereas the ID3 solution can provide us with many more. Considering that we're mainly planning this for small, embedded devices with limited processing power, that extra bit of flexibility *might* be nice to have.

Michael