[Scummvm-devel] Idea: IndexedMp3AudioStream

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Oct 8 15:32:28 CEST 2010

Am 08.10.2010 um 15:00 schrieb yotam barnoy:

> We also have to remember that even going by the 100 points that Xing
> supplies, we won't have accurate precision time-wise, because it
> doesn't store the time values but rather fraction of the file length
> in 8 bit values.

Ugh. You are right. To be honest, I missed that part in the XING header spec. That sounds pretty useless to me, actually... Maybe we should look at the VBRI header a bit closer then...

And maybe we should contact the mplayer/ffmpeg/... folks and ask them whether they have recommendations for us.

Note that ffmpeg has some code to parse Xing/Info/VBRI headers, see <http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/0.6/mp3_8c.html#bfdff55d313b6aab5613899165fc0ce3>

> We'll have to test and see how good it is.

Indeed...

Bye,