[Scummvm-devel] Broken Sword 2.5 engine

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Thu Oct 14 00:26:23 CEST 2010

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:41:12 +0200
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> > Again, Lua could potetnially be put outside of the tree, it is not a
> > problem, though we have to lock to that specific version because of
> > Pluto, persistency library.
>
> Aha. And I guess that lib is not directly "standard" either... Well
> then, I assume for now it is the easiest to keep this. I wonder if
> this "pluto" thing can be replaced with something more standard /
> more compatible with current Lua versions in the future?
The problem is not with compatibility but with nature of the task.
Pluto library stores and restores complete internal Lua state, and of
course that strictly depends on the interpreter internals. I hardly see
what else we can do here.

However, residual also uses Lua, but implements save/restore facility
by its own.

Since it seems that we agree to keep Lua in place, I recommend then
just rename it to .cpp, fix compilation errors and remove extern "C"
here and there. Also probably put Lua into separate namespace so our
global one will not get polluted.

Eugene