[Scummvm-devel] Android port

Sergiy Pylypenko x.pelya.x at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 09:52:13 CEST 2010

Hi.

I'll try to make playable version of ScummVM on Android this week,
using my SDL port, I'll post it here.
However it will work only on Android 1.6+ devices, because I've
implemented only GLES way - in the future I might also implement
draw-to-image way as in Angus did initially, however I think it's not
needed because amount of 1.5 devices diminish every day.

I have some ideas about right-click input (this won't be included in
my initial release) - for example measuring finger pressure seems a
good way, and all devices I know about return pressure value, you may
check if your device support this with Multitouch Visualizer 2 app
from Market - the circle under finger should grow bigger as you press
harder.
Also it may be triggered by touching screen with second finger, or by
Menu key etc - I'm already showing some config dialogs to user on
startup, so there is a place for another one.