[Scummvm-devel] Merging remaining GSoC branches (Attention PORTERS!)

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 18:05:41 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> so what is the status of that branch? I am eager to merge it, or at least the modularization parts of it. Maybe if you told us wha thte undesirable bits are, we could either peform a partial merge, or help resolving the issues?

Hi,

I feel especially in the modularization parts we need some more
improvements, of course those can be done after a merge too.

Most important is the most unintuitive way of adjusting the mouse
coordinates in the SDL backend for example. Currently the graphics
managers attach themselves in the *global* event dispatcher and eat up
mouse move etc. events and adjust the coords according to the
currently setup scaling mode for example and push them back as
synthetic events. That is IMHO horrible design.

I had planned to tackle that but I can't give any time estimation on
that, so in case we want the branch merged right now fine with me.

// Johannes