[Scummvm-devel] Merging in gsoc2010-decompiler?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Sep 12 15:09:30 CEST 2010

Am 12.09.2010 um 10:17 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> Hi Max,
>
> I just merged in the testbed engine. It will stay disabled by default,
> and will be usable only for the backend authors.
>
> So, I wonder, what is the plan with merging the decompiler? If you
> still think to do it before the release, now it is time to do it.

I changed my mind on that, I think we should merge it *after* the release. It is still relatively incomplete and requires some more polish before users can benefit from it. Hence I'd prefer to merge it right after we branched the tools for 1.2.0

Then we can work on adding SCUMM v7 & v8 support to it, making those changes Johannes already mentioned, and maybe adding support for more engines. E.g. I have an incomplete SCUMM v5 engine for it sitting around here, which I'd like to get into our repository eventually.

Bye,