[Scummvm-devel] convert_dxa

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Fri Sep 17 19:59:41 CEST 2010

On 09/17/2010 07:21 PM, Simon Sawatzki wrote:
>> In our tools repository we have sample convert_dxa scripts
>> (convert_dxa.bat,
>> convert_dxa_one.bat, convert_dxa.sh). They still seem to be using the old,
>> standalone encode_dxa, which is now part of scummvm-tools-cli.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to convert them to work again?
>>
>> Or should we just remove the scripts since we support SMK now anyway?
>>
> Are you experiencing any troubles with the tools (since you are asking how to convert them to work again)?

I think Willem talks about the premade scripts, which we ship to ease
the use of the tools. AFAIK they do all the processing automatically
(i.e. they extract the SMK files via that Smacker tool and then convert
the result to DXA).

These scrips still use the standalone "convert_dxa" tool instead of
scummvm-tools-cli with the appropriate tool name. I am not sure whether
it might be possible to just replace convert_dxa with "scummvm-tools-cli
--tool convert_dxa". In case the parameters (and their order) are still
the same, it might just work.

// Johannes