[Scummvm-devel] GOG.com affiliate program vs dotemu.com

Henry Bush scummvm at spookypeanut.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 14:07:50 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 22:36, Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> wrote:
> Not that we're for money, we have more than we spend, but there is a
> question of honest and open relationships. The guys just keep ignoring
> our mails.
I'm sad to hear this. I was also disappointed to see their PR stunt.
The guys at gog.com have gone down a lot in my estimation. Shame, as
their DRM-free / older games stance was perfect for me.

> So, what do you think, should we readd the links?
I can't see any reason to, if we're not getting anything out of it.

> Also there is another offer, now from dotemu.com, a similar service
> offering DRM-free games, sometimes with use of ScummVM. They offer us
> also an affiliation program in exchange of linking to them.
>
> Should we do that? Are there any opinions?
If it's worth our while. I.e., if they provide something that we need.
By the sounds of it, that's not money. Does their affiliation provide
anything else (useful networking connections, etc)?

Henry