[Scummvm-devel] WebOS port

Klaus Reimer k at ailis.de
Sun Apr 3 00:59:02 CEST 2011

Hello,

A year has passed since my last emails about how to get my webOS port
into the official distribution. Still don't know why I never got an
answer. So today, after finally having my new Palm Pre 2 with lots of
motivation coming with it, I try again.

My ScummVM port at precentral.net is pretty much outdated. It is still
based on ScummVM 1.0 and today I started working on a completely new
port based on the current ScummVM HEAD.

I have created a fork on github (https://github.com/kayahr/scummvm) if
you are interested in following the development. Would be great to get
some feedback and I hope my changes will be accepted into the main
repository when finished.

Current state is that the ScummVM binary compiles fine using the
official Palm Development Kit, an IPK file is generated which can be
installed and started on the device. Standard games like Monkey Island 2
are running. Next steps are getting all these plugins working, applying
a nicer frontend to the main menu and delving into this backend stuff. I
guess I need to create a backend derived from the SDL backend to
implement some specific webOS features (like back-gesture and meta-taps).

--
Bye, K <http://www.ailis.de/~k/>
[A735 47EC D87B 1F15 C1E9 53D3 AA03 6173 A723 E391]