[Scummvm-devel] Patch submission workflow

Julien scummvm at templier.info
Tue Apr 5 07:03:46 CEST 2011

Hi all!

There was a question from tsoliman today on IRC about how to best submit
patches. The current workflow for people that don't have write access to the
main ScummVM tree, as indicated on the wiki, is to submit patches to the
patch tracker. Since the switch to git, people can now easily fork the main
repository and create pull requests. This IMO makes it much easier to review
patches (no need to check manually if the patch applies, easier way to
comment and get feedback, etc.).

What is other developers opinion on that matter? Should we update the
default workflow to allow/encourage pull requests (in addition to a
submission to the patch tracker if there is still a need for it)?

Julien

PS: If this has already been discussed, can you point me to the thread/irc
log so I can update the wiki with information about the new workflow?