[Scummvm-devel] Status of ScummVM Android port

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Apr 6 13:05:14 CEST 2011

How about this: We release a new ScummVM app using the new "correct" org.scummvm.scummvm namespace; and also with the shared UID feature for the plugins (provided that works as intended).

At the same time, we release an update for the old ScummVM app which basically does nothing but tell the user to install the new app, and also allows copying over all savefiles to the new, shared (?) location.

Would this work? Some caveats that might arise:
* Nameclash between new and old app: Can two apps in the market have the same name? Can one rename an app (the old one in this case) while retaining the namespace?
* Is something like this even "allowed" in the Android Market? I think Apple would throw fits if somebody attempted something like this in their AppStore. But of course this ain't Apple we are dealing with :)
* Are there other issues I've overlooked?