[Scummvm-devel] Audio::MidiPlayer

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Apr 8 23:17:35 CEST 2011

Am 28.03.2011 um 23:23 schrieb Robert Špalek:

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> * A few engines (agi, draci, hugo) handle newly created MidiChannel's differently, taking extra care to call the volume() method of the new channel, thus enforcing the aforementioned default channel volume. Is this really necessary? If yes, then should we introduced it for other engines, too? Otherwise, explain / document the difference.
>
> I don't remember my reasoning when I was implementing MIDI in draci, and I never understood almost anything about what I was doing, just copying the code from elsewhere and patching it (in way too many iterations) until everything worked, but I remember that things simply didn't work without this work-around.  not sure now what kind of sound artifact had been happening without that work-around.
>
> I will test your new implementation and search the old SVN logs for the particular commit, and reply to this thread with the outcome.

Any news on this? :)

> thank you very much for the refactoring!  I had wishes something like this existed before :-)

yeah, I guess more people share that sentiment :). Anyway, the current MidiPlayer code still is far from perfect, and I hope that eventually somebody will feel it in themselves to clean up the remaining issues I listed in my last email on this thread. And improve it to something that is more than just a crude merger of duplicated code ;).