[Scummvm-devel] Touchscreen input methods

Klaus Reimer k at ailis.de
Tue Apr 19 08:40:29 CEST 2011

Hello,

I've seen that the Android port has two different input methods: Direct
mode and touchpad mode. And it looks like toggling this mode is
currently done by using some Midi checkbox.

I'd like to do the same for the WebOS port but I wonder if it is planned
to add some "real" GUI elements for choosing the input method?

So what about a new select box in the "Misc" options tab labeled "Input
method". Possible values:

* Mouse (For using a real mouse. Can even be useful on an embedded
device when a bluetooth mouse is connected).
* Direct Touchscreen (Works like "Mouse" but adds some touchscreen
specific features like long-clicks for emulating right mouse button).
* Touchpad Touchscreen

Maybe the input method could even be abstracted completely so all ports
use the same and only implement the low-level stuff to detect
(multi)touches? There are more and more touchscreen devices out there
and I think it would be nice when iPhone, Android and WebOS and other
touchscreen systems are controlled the same way. It even makes sense for
the PC when the user has a touchscreen or the device actually is a
PC-compatible pad-device.

--
Bye, K <http://www.ailis.de/~k/>
[A735 47EC D87B 1F15 C1E9 53D3 AA03 6173 A723 E391]