[Scummvm-devel] Release 1.3.0 schedule

Ismail Khatib ikhatib at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 21:32:56 CEST 2011

Am 17.04.2011 um 14:24 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> I need the status updates for all of the ports:
>  * WinCE

The WinCE port compiles and works currently as it is, however I have
started with code-cleanup in a fork on github (more or less cosmetics,
some method moving and some fixes for things which were done rather
hacky/unclean to get the port working again). I will work on it a bit
more the next days and I think the WinCE port should be ready for the
1.3.0 release then.

> Nice to get fixed:
> 3058262: WINCE: broken sword 2 game crash

I've looked into this bug yesterday, and here's the result: the WinCE
port suffers from memory problems as it is now (at least when using
"big" engines), because of this the last official release of ScummVM
was split into several executables. The long term solution would be a
plugin system (knakos and others have already started on this), but
the current source does not produce something usable when using the
"normal" build/configure/make system for plugins. I have already
(re)started work to get a working plugin-system for WinCE together -
however as (even if it is ready when 1.3.0 is due) this needs
extensive testing, my proposal would be that for the 1.3.0 release we
should produce 3 (or maybe 4?) executables as a temporary solution
until the plugin-system is ready (and tested). For testing purposes, I
have created a ScummVM .exe yesterday with only the Sword2 engine and
it seems to work nicely (played for about 20mins) - see the comments
for this bug.

-- Cerial