[Scummvm-devel] Question to other ARM porters regarding ARM specific defines

Ismail Khatib ikhatib at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 03:52:18 CEST 2011

Just found out something strange while looking for the cause that
USE_TREMOLO didn't work correctly.
At least on WinCE, the ARM specific defines like USE_ARM_SCALER_ASM &
USE_ARM_GFX_ASM and others weren't defined correctly anymore because
ports.mk isn't used on this platform. Some quick greps seem to show to
this would be also the case for at least some other ARM based ports. My
question now is: is that really the case, or am I mistaken? And if yes,
how to deal with this?
It also doesn't work correctly for me when including ports.mk from the
"special" platform specific .mk file, or by checking and defining them
in the platform specific .mk file, because the final CPPFLAGS (including
DEFINES) gets defined in Makefile.common, and the platform specfic .mk
file gets included after that. My own temporary solution was in fact to
move the whole ARM specific block from ports.mk to Makefile.common.
Thanks in advance for your feedback!

-- Cerial