[Scummvm-devel] Release 1.3.0 schedule

Ismail Khatib ikhatib at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 22:41:29 CEST 2011

Am 20.04.2011 um 21:32 schrieb Ismail Khatib:
> Am 17.04.2011 um 14:24 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:
>> Nice to get fixed:
>> 3058262: WINCE: broken sword 2 game crash
>
> I've looked into this bug yesterday, and here's the result: the
> WinCE port suffers from memory problems as it is now (at least when
> using "big" engines), because of this the last official release of
> ScummVM was split into several executables. The long term solution
> would be a plugin system (knakos and others have already started on
> this), but the current source does not produce something usable when
> using the "normal" build/configure/make system for plugins. I have
> already (re)started work to get a working plugin-system for WinCE
> together - however as (even if it is ready when 1.3.0 is due) this
> needs extensive testing, my proposal would be that for the 1.3.0
> release we should produce 3 (or maybe 4?) executables as a temporary
> solution until the plugin-system is ready (and tested). For testing
> purposes, I have created a ScummVM .exe yesterday with only the
> Sword2 engine and it seems to work nicely (played for about 20mins)
> - see the comments for this bug.

A small update: managed to modify the configure script and the
platform specfic wince.mk to build a plugin based executable. However,
as I thought, this still needs some work before releasing an official
plugin based version. It works nicely when only 1-10 plugin .dlls are
present in the executable folder, but crashes directly on startup when
all engine plugins are present. Will work on this issue further now in
a seperate branch on github.

-- Cerial