[Scummvm-devel] How to use your personal github fork

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Wed Apr 27 17:54:44 CEST 2011

On 04/27/2011 05:39 PM, Max Horn wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> for various reasons I thought it'd be a good idea to explain how to make good use of the github fork feature, and to describe a basic workflow involving your personal fork of the scummvm repository. I guess a version of this should be put onto a Wiki page. There are several people on this list who know a lot more about git than I do, and maybe they can help improve this guide, and correct its flaws.

Maybe it should add some explanation on how to delete merged branches
from both your local checkout and your fork? At least when I used git
for the first time I was a bit confused that you need to do a "push
nothing to branch" push to get rid of the branch on your fork, but maybe
that's just me..

// Johannes