[Scummvm-devel] Urban Runner read issue

yotam barnoy yotambarnoy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 21:44:49 CEST 2011

I was investigating an issue reported on the forum regarding Urban
Runner on the PSP, and after finally having freed enough space on my
PSP to copy it, I noticed there was an (unreported) crash that
occurred right away.

A little more investigation yielded the fact that the gob engine
attempts to read 30MB from cd1.itk. This is more than the entire
available memory of the PSP 1000, and I imagine many of our other
older platforms have the same issue -- it's just that nobody's tried
it on those platforms (yet).

Is there any way to reduce the size of this read (dramatically) ?

Thanks
Yotam