[Scummvm-devel] Uploading some extra useful files

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 11:22:41 CEST 2011

Hello

There are some extra files that can be added to our downloads page, which
are useful in some games. They should all be freeware, so we shouldn't have
any issues adding them:
- A generated sjis.fnt - this is needed for Japanese kyra and SCI games, and
is created using our create_sjisfnt tool from free Japanese fonts (from
Debian), like sazanami-mincho and kochi-mincho
- The SCI after-sales music patch, adding GM music support in some SCI1
games:
http://queststudios.com/2010/utilities/genmidi.exe
Here's the original page:
http://www.queststudios.com/quest/Utilities.html
and a description:
"Sierra On-Line's after-market support for General MIDI, EMU Proteus/1,
Roland D110, and Roland D10, D20 series synthesizers. This GENMIDI.DRV
driver and the appropriate patch file (.PAT) will work with Leisure Suit
Larry 1 and 5, Holye 3, Space Quest 1 (VGA) and 4, Eco Quest 1, Robin Hood,
and Mixed-Up Fairy Tales. A little experimenting may yeild more games that
will work with the driver as well. Complete instructions are included."
Basically, this is a self-extracting EXE file, and the user doesn't need to
rename anything: extracting the file's contents to the extras directory will
suffice
- An official Sierra patch for a nasty game bug in Conquests of the Longbow:
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Files/Patches/Conquests/ConquestOfTheLongbow(LBPAT).zip
Here's the original page:
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/Patches-Updates-Games/ConquestsUpdates.html
and a description:
"Version 1.0 only. This patch disk will resolve the following issues that
you may encounter while playing Longbow:

Fixes the "1535.TEX not found" error message that occurs if Robin orders a
drink in the pub.
Corrects a looping problem that will sometimes occur when Robin talks to the
Green Man.
Some game players will not be given time to hide from the Sheriff's men in
the forest the second time."

Regards
Filippos

--
"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde