[Scummvm-devel] Uploading some extra useful files

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Fri Aug 26 16:49:28 CEST 2011

On 08/26/2011 11:22 AM, Filippos Karapetis wrote:
> - A generated sjis.fnt - this is needed for Japanese kyra and SCI
> games, and is created using our create_sjisfnt tool from free Japanese
> fonts (from Debian), like sazanami-mincho and kochi-mincho

Tthe Debian package of the kochi-mincho font suggests to use
sazanami-mincho, so probably we should use that. It would be still nice
to link to the original font source and not to any Linux distribution's
package.

> - The SCI after-sales music patch, adding GM music support in some
> SCI1 games:
> http://queststudios.com/2010/utilities/genmidi.exe
> Here's the original page:
> http://www.queststudios.com/quest/Utilities.html
> and a description:
> "Sierra On-Line's after-market support for General MIDI, EMU
> Proteus/1, Roland D110, and Roland D10, D20 series synthesizers. This
> GENMIDI.DRV driver and the appropriate patch file (.PAT) will work
> with Leisure Suit Larry 1 and 5, Holye 3, Space Quest 1 (VGA) and 4,
> Eco Quest 1, Robin Hood, and Mixed-Up Fairy Tales. A little
> experimenting may yeild more games that will work with the driver as
> well. Complete instructions are included."
> Basically, this is a self-extracting EXE file, and the user doesn't
> need to rename anything: extracting the file's contents to the extras
> directory will suffice

In case it is a self extracting EXE file it would be nice if we could
upload a zip version of it too, so people without Windows can use it
without the need to use wine and/or DOSBox.

// Johannes