[Scummvm-devel] Updating Munt

Jerome Fisher ml_scummvm-devel_sourceforge.net at kingguppy.com
Thu Dec 8 15:38:05 CET 2011

Hi Eugene,

On 12/08/2011 02:55 AM, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> Hi Jerome,
>
> On 7 August 2011 17:54, Jerome Fisher
> <ml_scummvm-devel_sourceforge.net at kingguppy.com>  wrote:
>> Indeed, I would prefer to wait on this until the official release, which
>> is progressing rapidly (despite a lack of commits in the last couple of
>> weeks).
> It seems that munt development stalled again. Is there some expected
> date of the release? It seems to me that it would not hurt at all if
> we just replace current, really old code with the latest one, and once
> you have a solid release, we update again.
>
> Any thoughts?

It's not really stalled - the last commit was 17 hours ago. I have a
full week of holiday after Christmas, and this will allow me to prepare
for a release in January.

I'm very eager to get the final version - which will as much as possible
be designed with ScummVM's embedding requirements in mind - finished
before updating ScummVM, in order to avoid divergence from the outset.

If we fail to get the release finished by the end of January, you have
my blessing to go ahead and embed it as-is (not that I could stop you
anyway, of course).

Regards,
Jerome