[Scummvm-devel] Scraping Detection Entries

Alex Bevilacqua alexbevi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 15:07:03 CET 2011

Since I recently updated the engines list on the wiki, I was kind of curious
if there was anything missing. I figured the best way to do this would be to
scrape all the engine detection files to see what the various entries are.

I wanted to do this as a bash script, but i was having a bit of difficulty
with iterating through a find collection, so I wrote it as a ruby/bash
hybrid.

Figured I'd post it here in case anyone has any use for it ;)

source: http://pastebin.com/HQSHcnU7
output: http://pastebin.com/MSvhcH24

Note that the script doesn't pick up sword1 or sword2 as those two engines
use slightly different detection methods (for storing the game descriptor
info). This could be easily hardcoded, but I don't think it's necessary for
what I was trying to do ;)

Cheers,

Alex