[Scummvm-devel] 16bit alpha blending

Scott Thomas s at sthomas.id.au
Sun Feb 20 22:29:36 CET 2011

On 21/02/2011 2:18 AM, Johannes Schickel wrote:

> Since there is currently no engine (that I am aware of), which wants to
> take advantage of an alpha value on the cursor, it feels like over
> engineering if we would add support for multiple blending modes now.
>
> // Johannes
Groovie V2 uses cursors with a 4bit alpha, however for simplicity I
currently treat it as a 1bit alpha.  This would be to smooth the edges
of the cursors out (currently it's a little jagged) and presumably to
implement the translucent cursors that the original has.   Although IMO
the fully solid ones look better.

Cheers,

Scott