[Scummvm-devel] scummvm-tools git conversion, second edition

Ori Avtalion ori at avtalion.name
Fri Jan 7 16:48:09 CET 2011

On 01/07/2011 05:20 PM, Max Horn wrote:

> However, there is one issue: The converted repository is missing
> trunk/decompiler/test/cxxtest, which is currently realized via
> svn:external. I guess we'll just have to import it.

If we want to keep the svn model, I'm not sure if sparse checkouts are
available for git submodules.

Another approach would be to have a separate scummvm-cxxtest repository
that'll be shared between the various scummvm git repositories.

Both seem complicated, and I don't think we need to stick to it.

How about we just duplicate that code (+ history?) among the
repositories. It's not a lot of code, and all of the changes to the
official cxxtest release are superficial, removing semicolons, changing
a bit of syntax, and changing a print statement to look like a function,
to support python 3.

So I could just dump the current cxxtest dir with an extra commit, Or a
series of commits.

What do you think?

>> Attached is the script I used.
>>
>> It assumes a git-svn'd repository (without any author name
>> manipulation). I think it can be useful for other migration. Maybe
>> it should be put on the wiki (without the author list).
>
> Please do so.

OK

> I'd like to play a bit with this, like adding some code review
> comments (just to see how they work), maybe forking the thing and
> then issuing a pull request, etc. I assume it's save to do so, as
> we'd recreate the repos one final time, but then in the ScummVM org,
> right? I.e. I can play a bit?

It's github, so you can fork and do whatever. I also added you as a
contributor to my own repository, so you can go nuts :)