[Scummvm-devel] scummvm-tools git conversion, second edition

Hubert Maier raziel_nosgoth at web.de
Fri Jan 7 17:33:46 CET 2011

Hi Ori,

>> Will i still be able to checkout/update ScummVM with SVN?
>> I don't have git on my platform and it looks like it will be so for some
>> time

> Well, Github has an experimental gateway that allows you to read and
> write changes using Subversion:

> https://github.com/blog/644-subversion-write-support

> I would, however, suggest against using it for committing changes, since
> if we're going to use git features, they won't be supported by this gateway.

I would only need it for checking out the latest source as i don't have write
access and couldn't submit any changes anyway due to not being able to code :-)

> Is there an on-going effort to port git to your platform (Amiga, I
> assume)? I can't find one..

No, sadly, there were some talks but everyone is busy doing other stuff.
I tried to port it myself but was put off by the build message "Your shell is too
old, get a newer one!" :-/

Ciao

Hubert