[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.3.1 release tarballs are up

Florian Kagerer athrxx at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 4 03:29:59 CEST 2011

Hi Marcus and Ismail,

this seems to be a regression from the changes in detectDevice()
which were made 5th/7th of June.

The issue with the unjustified warning message in case of an empty
"music_driver" string can easily be fixed. I can do that later today.

As I understand, the fallback detection works alright in WinCE (Ismail:
do you get AdLib music when the game starts after the warning message?),
but not in the DC port.

It would be good to know where/how exactly ScummVM errors out. Marcus:
Do you have anything in the log file? The AdLib "detection" should be quite
unable to fail, since this is a mandatory plugin. I presume the DC does
not build in the MT-32 emulator.

Florian

PS: It is quite normal that you get that warning twice in SCUMM since the
engine also runs detectDevice() twice. This might feel as if clicking
the button once has not effect.